easyseed lawn pellets simplify sowing of lawn by making it easy, convenient, quick and efficient
- the pellets only have to be spread out onto the soil, into gaps or into damaged areas;
- the pellets germinate and grow where they are placed - no more efforts necessary;
- if the pellets fall on leaves or anywhere else: . . . it does not matter, they can start also
there germination and growth; if they later fall down onto soil by wind or rain or watering
then they will continue;
- the pellet matrix contains all ingredients to ensure protection of the seeds and an optimum
development of the seeds.
Conventional grass and lawn seed is
- appr. 2 to 5 milligrams heavy
- appr. 5 to 15 mm long
- so light that it swims on water - and even swims away with rain
After sowing of conventional grass and lawn seed
- you can expect to lose up to 80% of the seed due to different reasons like birds, rain, wind etc.
Conventional seed generally is a mix of different grass sorts like
- lolium perenne
- festuca rubra
- poa pratensis
- and different other grass sorts
Typical germination periods of grass seeds are
- lolium perenne appr. 6 - 8 days
- festuca rubra appr. 12-16 days
- cynosurus cristatis appr. 7-15 days
- phleum pratense appr. 8-17 days
The longer the germination period the stronger the risk of losing seed remaining for germination;
grass and lawn seed pellets from instant seed protect the seed until germination is visible in progress.
Typical germination temperatures
- from appr. 5 degrees Celsius ( 41 degrees Fahrenheit) the germination starts
- the optimal temperature range for the germation is from 16 to 23 degrees Celsius (50 to 74 degrees Fahrenheit)
- above appr. 45 degrees Celsius (113 degrees Fahrenheit) the germination process 'dies'
- cold temperatures i. e. for storage do not damage the seed significantly
... interested in further aspects ? Please write us ! firstname.lastname@example.org